After a year’s absence the Sandcastle Competition will be returning to the 2019 Morecambe Carnival.
In 2018 we were unable to hold the competition on carnival weekend due to high tides. This year, the coast is clear for the competition. Entries are open online, click HERE to enter your team now!
The Morecambe Carnival Sandcastle Competition is easy – create a team take to the beach and create the most amazing sandcastle creation you can think of. It can be a traditional castle or a sand sculpture. You can take inspiration from anything you like – even the #MC19 Parade theme – Flower Power!
Teams can consist of up to 6. They will have 3 and a half hours on the Eric Morecambe Statue Beach to build. Once the time is up judging will take place and prizes awarded to best of the best.
The competition is FREE to enter and open to all ages.
Rules and Conditions of Entry:
- All teams must have a Team Representative aged 18 or older. They will be responsible for the team entry, team members and be a point of contact.
- Teams may have up to 6 team members (any age).
- Teams must provide their own construction equipment.
- Buckets, spades and small gardening equipment are allowed.
- No motorised, battery or electric equipment!
- Teams can use all the space inside their construction zone.
- Teams must not interfere with other teams.
- Photography and Video – The competition will be photographed and videoed for promotion, marketing and quality assessment purposes.