Morecambe Carnival welcomes tens of thousands of visitors every year - making one of the biggest festival events in the North of England. Cuisine and refreshments of all types and styles are welcome to apply for a Concessions spot.
Following a successful 2018 event the concessions format will be repeated in at MC19 - Saturday 10th and Sunday 11th August 2019. The majority of the concessions will be sited on Northumberland Street Car Park site with additional stands around the other areas i.e. Promenade, Midland Gardens, Midland Grass and Fairground. Drinks and ice cream type concessions will be placed around the whole area.
The Carnival celebrations will again be spread over two days. Trading hours are from 10am until 9pm on both Saturday and Sunday and there will be no ‘one day’ trading permitted.
Please take note of all terms and conditions - which have been updated. These MUST be agreed to in order to proceed with an application.
- An expression of interest does not guarantee a pitch. Once applications are finalised the number and type of concession will be considered before entrants are accepted. Successful applicants will be notified separately and the appropriate payment requested.
- If successful, the fee of £550 for large concessions (over 4m) and £350 for small concessions will be payable for the two day period. Very small concessions including drinks will attract a £250 fee. The booking will not be confirmed until payment is received and, if not received within the time stated, will be forfeited. All payments are non-refundable. If the pitch is not left in a clean and tidy condition, you will be charged an additional £100.
- Full description of food/goods for sale must be stated when first applying. This will assist the selection process and will limit what can be offered for sale on Carnival weekend.
- Public Liability Insurance for £2m MUST be held by the trader and a copy must be provided prior to the event. Morecambe Carnival Committee accepts no responsibility for loss or injury caused by any trader and/or stand.
- A Risk Assessment must be completed and a copy provided prior to the event.
- Any electrical equipment MUST be PAT tested.
- A Local Authority Hygiene Certificate MUST have been obtained and details of the issuing Local Authority, date and level attained will be requested. The details will be checked against the National register. Failure to give this information will invalidate the application.
- All traders MUST provide two rubbish bins to be placed one each side of their pitch for use by the general public to dispose of their litter. All rubbish connected with the concession must be removed each day and disposed of in either receptacles provided or taken away. Failure to do this will jeopardise future bookings.
- We aim to recycle as much waste products as possible and we are very conscious of our carbon footprint. All plates, cutlery, napkins, and other disposable items must be biodegradable and we ask that you dispose of your rubbish ethically. Bins will be provided -please use these.
- There will be overnight security provided on the Saturday night for the site generally but the Carnival Committee cannot be responsible for traders’ stands which can be left only at the risk of the trader.
- Siting of your pitch will be strictly managed by Concession management personnel. You can arrive to set up between 6-9pm on Friday, 9th August, 2019 or from 7 am on Saturday, 10th August. You must be ready to trade by no later than 10am on Saturday 10th August, 2019. Do NOT access the site and set up without supervision.
- At the end of the festival you will not be allowed to leave before 10pm on Sunday evening. You may leave on the Monday morning should you so wish.
- Power will NOT be supplied and traders must make their own arrangement if this is needed.
- All appropriate certification must be available for inspection if requested.
The Morecambe Carnival will not share any information submitted to us on our website with any other party.
You will only be contacted for official purposes regarding the nature of your application.