Following a successful MC16 the format will be repeated in 2017 with the majority of the Concessions sited on Northumberland Street Car Park. The only exceptions to this will be a couple of Concessions on the main Promenade opposite Midland Gardens.
Drinks and ice cream type concessions will be placed around the whole area. The Carnival celebrations will again be spread over two days Sat 19th and Sun 20th August 2017.
Trading hours are from 10am until 9pm on both Saturday and Sunday. No one day trading will be permitted.
- An application does not guarantee a pitch. Once applications are finalised the number and type of concession will be considered before entrants are accepted. Successful applicants will be notified separately and the appropriate payment requested.
- If successful, the fee of £550 for large concessions (over 4m) and £350 for small concessions will be payable for the two day period. Very small concessions including drinks will attract a £250 fee. All fees quoted include a £50 bond. The booking will not be confirmed until payment is received and, if not received within the time stated, will be forfeited. All payments are non-refundable excepting the bond which will be refunded if the pitch is left in a clean and tidy condition.
- Full description of food/goods for sale must be stated when first applying. This will assist the selection process and will limit what can be offered for sale on Carnival weekend.
- Public Liability Insurance for £2m MUST be held by the trader and a copy must be provided prior to the event. Morecambe Carnival Committee accepts no responsibility for loss or injury caused by any trader and/or stand.
- A Risk Assessment must be completed and a copy provided prior to the event.
- Any electrical equipment MUST be PAT tested.
- A Local Authority Hygiene Certificate MUST have been obtained and details of the issuing Local Authority, date and level attained will be requested. The details will be checked against the National register. Failure to give this information will invalidate the application.
- All traders MUST provide two rubbish bins to be placed one each side of their pitch for use by the general to dispose of their litter. All rubbish connected with the concession must be removed each day and disposed of in either receptacles provided or taken away. Failure to do this will jeopardise future bookings and forfeit the right to the bond being refunded.
- There will be overnight security provided on the Saturday night for the site generally but the Carnival Committee cannot be responsible for traders’ stands which can be left only at the risk of the trader.