Being a part of the Morecambe Carnival Parade is an amazing experience, it's a great way to raise awareness for your team, club, business or cause as well as joining in an amazing celebration with Morecambe community.
The Morecambe Carnival Parade welcomes entries from:
- Community Groups
- Sports Clubs and Teams
- Clubs and Societies
- Marching Bands
Entering a float is easy. Just fill in the form below and the Morecambe Carnival Team will be in touch.
Mini Floats - Anything pushed or pulled like a wheelbarrow or cart.
Motorised - Wagons, Trucks, Flatbeds, pulled Trailers etc.
Walking / Band - Marching Bands, Uniform Groups, Dance Groups.
Only successful float entries are subject to a fees, made payable to The Morecambe Carnival. Walking / Motorised £25 / £100 for a business. Mini floats £10. No payment is due now.
- All motorised floats will require insurance and MOT which must be presented at least 28 days prior to the Carnival.
- All floats are limited to a maximum weight of 7.5 tonnes.
- All motorised floats will require a written risk assessment - Carnival Organising Committee can offer assistance with this as required.
- Each entry must have one nominated 'Float Leader' who will be responsible for the safe operation of the float / entry and must manage the 'Parade Stewards' for each entry.
- Each entry will be required to supply at least two volunteer 'Parade Stewards' to accompany float prior to and during the parade. These stewards must not be an active part of the entry's activities and.
- Mini Floats such as wheelbarrows and carts may not carry passengers.
- Submitting this form does not guarantee a place in the carnival. Successful entrants will be informed soon, upon which the appropriate fee will be required to complete the entry.
The Morecambe Carnival will not share any information submitted to us on our website with any other party.
You will only be contacted for official purposes regarding the nature of your application.